Thursday, April 05, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #87, my #37


  1. Easter is a holiday that promises new beginnings.
  2. We are reminded that there is truly no end after this world.
  3. I like that.
  4. While observing Lent, we are reflective of what Jesus did for us.
  5. It sometimes brings us to tears, when we think about it.
  6. I like the fact that there is not as much hype commercially about Easter as there is for Christmas (though there is still alot!)
  7. Growing up, for Easter we usually got a new piece of clothing and a chocolate bunny or egg.
  8. We'd always have an Easter Egg hunt as well.
  9. We continue that tradition in our family with our kids, even though they are mostly all young adults!
  10. The Bunny is always placed on their chair at the kitchen table.
  11. One of my kids always gets white chocolate now since she expressed an interest in it one year over milk chocolate.
  12. There's usually extra bunnies in the bag too! Hey how'd those get in there?
  13. Must be my penchant for chocolate and peanut butter. Out comes the jar, the knife, a glass of milk ... now where's that bunny? LOL

HAPPY EASTER

THURSDAY THIRTEENERS!

More Easter TT Headers here!

9 comments:

YellowRose said...

Easter is such a beautiful season. I like your traditions...and I love the chocolate bunnies too! ;)

Happy TT!

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter to you and your family....including the two ducks out back!

FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

Easter is a wonderful season. Your traditions are great. Happy Easter to you and your family.
My T13 is up too.

Carmen said...

Happy Easter! Our family tradition was to color easter eggs and laugh at our creations.

Heather said...

One year my family hid chocolate eggs... and the dog had her own easter egg hunt!! She didn't eat the foil, just the yummy chocolate inside!

Anonymous said...

Love the first comment about new beginnings!

And I love peanut butter with chocolate!

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Happy Easter! :) An Easter Egg hunt sounds like fun. :) This year for Lent, instead of giving something up to contemplate Jesus' sacrifice, me and humans decided to buy something for the food banks and animal sheleters each time we did groceries.

Barbara said...

I love Easter. The one thing I miss is fixing the colored eggs for the kids, who are now grown and fixing for their own. They would get up and find their newly fixed baskets and go wild! I never bought baskets. I used the baskets that Mother had given me when I was younger and I refilled them with grass and eggs and goodies every year, and put new paper on them with bows.

Check out my Thursday Thirteen

Irish Church Lady :) said...

Thanks for your visits and comments you Thursday Thirteeners!

I've tried to visit everyone that came by - these days it's about all I can commit to doing when I post a TT, and before that I was not even too good at that :(

Michelle ~ shout out to you! I can't get to your blog. I don't know what it is???

Good Friday everyone!!